Benefits of working with us
Livability is committed to supporting you to progress successfully in your role. Your learning and development is a crucial part of this. Livability defines itself as a ‘Learning Organisation’ which means we will invest in supporting you with your career and personal development.
In some cases those without formal qualifications will be welcomed to apply if there is an opportunity for accreditation to be achieved whilst in post with that particular role (this will be detailed in the role description if it’s the case).
Along with a friendly working environment, we also offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- On the job training
- Training for professional qualifications
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Season ticket loan
- Probationary payments for critical roles
- Probationary completion lunch with CEO, your Director, Director of People and Change and a Trustee
- The Employee Assistance Programme
Awards and schemes
- Achievement awards for all staff: This scheme is targeted at staff who have successfully completed their induction and probation and are adding extra value in the workplace.
- Career Pathway reward: This scheme is targeted at front line staff in our school, college and services, who have worked for Livability for more than 1 year, that are adding extra value in the workplace and are committed to learning and development through a defined career pathway.
- The Long Service Award: This scheme is for all staff and recognises commitment tied to service duration.
- The Princess Royal/Staff Award: This scheme is for all staff and recognises achievement is various categories.
- The Livability Achievement Scheme: A one off lump sum payment made to staff in recognition of their added value to the charity.
- The recommend a Friend Scheme: Receive up to £250 by referring a friend to Livability.
- Golden Hello scheme for new staff: For every support worker and qualified nurse that joins the team we thank you as follows: Support Workers will receive £500 at six months and another £500 at twelve months. Qualified Nurses will receive £1000 at six months and another £1000 at twelve months.
Read more about: The learning and development we offer
Working for Livability offers you the opportunity to join the Livability Learning Journey. The journey is a blend of:
- Knowledge and co-creation
- Theories and methods
- Values and ethics
We actively reward and recognise staff for engaging in learning and developing themselves and others.
Read more about: Career pathways with Livability
Joining our team gives you the opportunity to have a defined career pathway leading to becoming a Subject Matter Expert. For example, in our adult services and schools, staff can benefit from a defined career pathway linked to our strategic aims in one of the following areas:
- Health and Safety
- Safeguarding/accidents & Incidents
- Service User Voice
- Active & Person Centred Support
- Nutrition & Hydration/General Wellbeing
- Service Specific Skills eg. Autism, Cerebral Palsy
Through the appraisal process, we will support staff who have attained a Diploma Level 2 in Health and Social Care to follow a career pathway of their choices and become a Subject Matter Expert in one area.
For our professional staff such as nurses and therapists, we offer professional supervison and mentoring. Every staff on a career pathway is actively mentored by a trained and experienced practitioner.
Career Pathways mean every member of staff knows how their work adds up to our vision and to their individual future career plans and ambitions. We reward and recognise staff for developing themselves through Career Pathways.
Read more about: The coaching and mentoring we offer staff
Every Livability staff with staff management responsibilities will have the opportunity to actively participate in coaching, mentoring and leadership sessions, geared towards providing the leadership edge required to excel as a leader.
In addition, our leaders will also have opportunities to:
- Access a wide range of soft learning courses
- Participate in 4 mentoring sessions or 4 action learning sets, each year.