Livability update – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Livability we continue to focus on the health and welfare of the people we support, and the health and welfare of our staff and volunteers.
Due to the unfolding situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), and for the time being, staff from the National Office are working remotely. Livability education buildings and wellbeing centres are now closed for regular business, this includes Victoria Education Centre, Nash College and Holton Lee, where staff are working remotely wherever possible.
Our services remain open to support our residents. And, at this time, we have stopped visitors from attending our services and encourage you to follow the government social distancing requirements. The government has given clear guidance that people should only leave home for very limited purposes:
- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
- One form of exercise a day – for example, a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
If you do have a loved one staying at one of our homes, do contact that home directly.
Our national office employees are working remotely and will continue to provide colleagues with IT, finance and HR support remotely during office hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, you can call us on 020 7452 2000 or email us at email@example.com
General post, gifts and deliveries sent to us during this period will be kept securely and processed once the office reopens.
Thank you for your continued support, for your messages and your giving during this challenging period. At this time, and where possible, please do donate through our website here or call our Supporter Services Team on 020 7452 2121 for other ways to donate.
We are in this together, and over the coming days, we’ll be exploring ways to offer partner and supporter led support remotely. This could be by phone, email or online activities, so please visit this page for updates.
Do take care of yourselves, your loved ones and your community.
For further updates and guidance from the UK, Northern Ireland and Wales Governments visit:
- UK Government on the gov.uk website by clicking here.
- Wales Government on the gov.wales website by clicking here.
- Northern Ireland Government on hseni.gov.uk website by clicking here.
The UK Department for Education also has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
- Phone: 0800 046 8687
- Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)