Livability Hafan-y-Coed, in Aberystwyth, provides residential care for 7 adults with intellectual disabilities.
In addition to all statutory and mandatory training, staff are trained in the management of epilepsy, autism awareness, the management of diabetes, total communication and the management of challenging behaviour.
All of our staff are fully trained in active support, this is in order to enable Residents to promote independence and for them to participate in meaningful activities.
Our staff work closely with local GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists, speech and language therapists and community / learning disability nurses, to give you tailored care.
Our residential care
Livability Hafan-y-Coed is one of 35 registered care homes run by Livability, the disability charity that connects people with their communities. Livability’s homes in England and Wales deliver residential support and nursing care for physically or intellectually disabled people. We are committed to creating caring communities that promote inclusion and wellbeing for the people we support. We combine enabling support with a vibrant home life, and maximise opportunities for residents to enjoy a full and independent life. Livability provides modern care services, embracing new and assisted technology and adaptations.
Aberystwyth Ceredigan SY23 3AU
- The service puts people’s rights and choices first and supports people to achieve their potential
- Individual activity programmes make for a vibrant home and community life
- Everyone who uses this service is supported to be independent and involved in all aspects of daily life in the home
- Total communication system used
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere