This site has two services, Livability Nash College and Livability Nash Residential.
Livability Nash College in Bromley is a specialised, independent Further Education college for learners with moderate to profound physical and intellectual disabilities. Livability Nash College provides holistic education through a curriculum individually tailored to each student. We offer day and residential places at Nash Residential.
Students may have a range of disabilities or complex medical needs, and our National Autistic Society accreditation attracts a significant number with autism. We encourage students to lead a full social life and get involved in local activities. Supporting young people to develop skills that maximise their independence and choice in adult life is a key part of their education.
Nash College is part of Livability Education. It is one of Livability's two accredited education centres providing specialised learning for disabled students spanning 19 to 25 years, on a day or residential basis. Equipping students for a fulfilling adult life, connected with their local community, is central to a Livability education. Nash College is run by Livability, the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Details on the Ofsted report issued in January 2019 for Nash College here.
At Livability Nash College we:
- raise students’ expectations so each individual can achieve their maximum level of independence in housing, employment and leisure
- provide excellent teaching in real-life, work-related contexts which improve and impact students’ adult lives – a minimum 25% of learning takes place in the community
- support students’ learning and wellbeing through our onsite multi-disciplinary therapy team and appropriate tech support
- build self-esteem, confidence, self-determination and advocacy
- provide opportunities and new experiences which enable a student to make informed choices for their life ahead
- work with other agencies to support students’ transition into, through and out of college
- offers Next Steps, a day service for disabled young people aged 18+
Livability Nash Residential has no formal entry requirements, other than evidence that the applicant requires the type of provision we offer.