Livability UCan is helping people to pursue vocational paths, enjoy new skills and access new employment opportunities.
WISE Ability and Livability are delivering UCan, a project which is part funded by the European Social Fund and the Big Lottery Fund through Building Better Opportunities in Dorset.
We are supporting people who live in Poole or Purbeck (25 years+) that are the furthest away from being ready to work. This might be due to where people live and feeling cut off from opportunities, personal circumstances, disability or any other barriers preventing people from accessing work.
Participants will be connected with a worker who will support them every step of the way to help people reach their goals. Each person will receive a tailored package of support, dependent on the individual’s needs. This could include volunteering, help with confidence building or transport support for those that live in a rurally isolated area.
Livability UCan can help by:
- Designing a personalised plan towards fulfilling health, wellbeing and employment goals
- Accessing training opportunities and helping to gain qualifications
- Developing skills and confidence
- Offering short or long term one to one support
- Supporting with searching and applying for jobs
- Improving emotional, mental and physical health and help people to realise their potential
Together, we can break down barriers and help you get where you want to be.
Watch a film about Ucan
Ucan is a Learning and Vocation service run by Livability the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Livability Learning and Vocation services have proven expertise in supporting people pursue vocational interests, new skills and employment opportunities. We enable people to launch their own businesses, get interview training and grow core life skills and competencies.
Do you want to develop your skills and feel more ready for work? The Livability UCan project has a team of workers ready to support you to take the next step.
If you live in Poole or Purbeck and are 25 years old or over, the project will assist you to:
- Design a plan that helps you reach your health, wellbeing and employment goals
- Find training opportunities and gain qualifications
- Develop your skills and confidence
- Receive short or long term, one to one
- Apply and search for jobs when you are ready
We support people to pursue vocational paths and opportunities. Through our services we help people get to where they want to be next.
UCan is based on the belief that ‘you can’. You can learn something new, get trained, grow confidence, and take the next step to employment. Whatever your ‘you can’ looks like, we can help you.
Involvement is completely voluntary and is not linked to the benefits system. Give our friendly team a call for an initial chat.
WISE Ability and Livability are delivering UCan which is part funded by the European Social Fund and the Big Lottery Fund through Building Better Opportunities in Dorset