With a specialism in supporting people with Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis and acquired brain injury or stroke, the service takes a person centred, flexible approach. Together, with the people that use our services, we create care and support plans that meet personal goals and needs.
At Livability Wall Street you will enjoy a lot of personal choice, with active support from staff.
Community activities and connections
With an active network of services and community partners, people that live at Livability Wall Street enjoy multiple opportunities to pursue a wide range of interests and activities in the local area.
We take a holistic approach focusing attention on working with every individual assets to strengthen their spiritual and social health.
This service is currently rates as good with CQC.
- Faith partnerships with local places of worship
- Art and crafts activity
- Gardening and horticulture
- Sport and fitness Leisure
- Social clubs and activities
- Beauty and Hairdressing
Hereford Herefordshire HR4 9HP
Our accessible and spacious environment provides modern facilities, communal and individual spaces for people that live at the home. These include:
- Accessible courtyard and garden space with raised flower bed and pond.
- Ensuite /individual toilet and wash facilities
- 8 ground floor studio apartments (31 metre squared)
- 2 Studio apartments with kitchen and bathrooms with bath or level access showers
- Self-decoration of rooms permitted
- 2 communal bathrooms: level access shower, W.C.; adjustable bath and sluice;
- 2 communal kitchens, providing fridge, freezer, microwave, oven/hob, dining table and individual storage space.
- Communal lounge with TV, video and music system.
- Laundry room, 2 large washing machines and 1 large tumble dryer.
- Drink making facilities
- Lift and automatic doors throughout the building
It’s a nice service – they help me grow in confidence.
Tom Evans, who lives at Wall St
I love the building and the company here. I feel safe.
Maurissa Davies, who lives at Wall St
I’ve got assurance that they will take good care of me. I can come and go on my own, or with someone if I want.
Richard Hooper, who lives at Wall St
I was incredibly impressed with the work you have all done to make medication processes at Wall St so good – really shows a huge amount of thought and care.
Ruth Oliver, NHS Herefordshire CCG, 2019
Well managed, very helpful and friendly staff. Service users are always looked after extremely well.
Jonathan Thomas, Powys Council Social Services, 2018
Our home is guided by Livability’s core values. We strive to be open, enabling, inclusive and courageous in all that we do.
Co-production is woven throughout our service provision. Co-produced care plans and service delivery are central to our approach.
Person centred, flexible approach
Together, with the people we support, Livability puts the person at the centre of their care planning. We help individuals work out what their care needs are, choose the support they want and have control over their life. We know that everyone’s needs and aspirations are different – that all sorts of things add up to living well.
Community connections that grow health and wellbeing
We work to create connections that help people thrive. Research shows that personal health and wellbeing does better when people enjoy supportive networks. We support the people that use our services to follow their interests, get involved with activities in their community and pursue the life they want to lead.
Valuing people and working with strengths
We help people by looking at what they have, rather than what they lack. This approach helps people make use of their existing skills, knowledge and relationships.
Livability has a broad and inclusive Christian ethos. We support people of all faiths and none. We believe in the equality and unique value of every person, supporting them to discover and fulfil their potential.
A culture of continuous improvement
Livability strives to deliver services of the highest quality and constantly seek to improve through listening, reflection, learning and action.
Read more about Livability
Livability Wall Street is part of the Livability family of services. Livability is the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Through a wide range of disability care, education, training and community services, we promote personalised support, inclusion and wellbeing for all. Together, we work to see people take part, contribute and be valued. We put the elements in place that all add up to livable lives and communities.
Livability is a proven and trusted provider of disability care and community projects throughout the UK.
We exist to enable the elements of a livable life and community to add up to flourishing wellbeing and great connections for every disabled person we support.
We are inspired by the vision of a barrier-free society where all disabled people can enjoy equality and full participation
Our 2000-strong, enabling team of staff and volunteers across the UK deliver:
- Care homes and residential support centres.
- A school and a further education college for disabled children.
- A wellbeing discovery centre set in 200 acres of natural landscape.
- Independent and supported living programmes for disabled people.
- Rehabilitation centres for brain and spinal injury.
- Church training in community engagement and disability awareness.
- Spinal injury rehabilitation expertise in developing countries.
- ‘Dementia Inclusive Church’ resourcing and coaching.
- Wellbeing and happiness coaching through the Livability Happiness Course.
- Social inclusion work through churches and community projects.