Livability Anvil House in Billericay, Essex, provides person-centred, responsive care for seven adults with intellectual disabilities and additional needs such as sensory impairment, and low-level challenging behaviour.
Our home is in a peaceful residential area, close to the town centre. Our care is available 24 hours a day from experienced and well-trained staff. There are usually three or four staff in the home at any one time. Our staff work closely with local GPs, psychologists, psychiatrists, speech and language therapists and community / learning disability nurses, to give you tailored care.
Livability Anvil House is spacious and bright, with large bedrooms which our residents can decorate as they choose. There are shower rooms upstairs and an adapted bathroom with a sensory spa bath on the ground floor. Everyone can get together in the large lounge, in the garden or in the sunny conservatory. There is a separate dining area, where evening meals are eaten together.
The town offers a wide range of amenities including banks, a Post Office, and various supermarkets, including a large Waitrose. We are a five minute drive to the station which has direct train links to London. Chelmsford and Basildon are both five miles away and offer other leisure pursuits including an ice rink, cinemas and theatres. The town is surrounded by farmland and the ancient woodland Norsey Woods.
Trips to ice-skating, bowling and cinema are all popular. Just round the corner from Livability Anvil House is Lake Meadows, a large area of parkland containing a fishing lake, swimming pool, skateboarding park, bowling green, tennis courts and a miniature golf course. The local country park and nature reserve is a ten minute walk away.
Our residential care
Livability Anvil House is one of 35 care homes delivering residential support and nursing care for people with physical or intellectual disabilities. We are committed to creating caring communities that promote inclusion and wellbeing for our residents. We combine enabling support with a vibrant home life, and maximise opportunities for residents to enjoy a full and independent life. Livability provides modern care services, embracing new and assisted technology and adaptations.
The home is run by Livability, the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Billericay Essex CM12 ONX
- Experienced, well-trained staff – awarded Outstanding by CQC for responsive care and organising services so that they meet people’s needs, are listened to and have their rights and diverse circumstances respected
- Enabling environment – our Active Support model maximises residents’ independence and monitors outcomes and monitors outcomes
- Excellent links with local healthcare professionals
- Bright sunny house with large bedrooms
- Adapted bathroom with sensory spa room, plus shower rooms
- Peaceful setting close to town centre amenities
- Visitors welcome
- Quick rail connection to London
- Regular visits from a podiatrist, masseur and hairdresser
Our home is guided by Livability’s core values. We strive to be open, enabling, inclusive and courageous in all that we do.
Co-production is woven throughout our service provision. Co-produced care plans and service delivery are central to our approach.
Person centred, flexible approach
Together, with the people we support, Livability puts the person at the centre of their care planning. We help individuals work out what their care needs are, choose the support they want and have control over their life. We know that everyone’s needs and aspirations are different – that all sorts of things add up to living well.
Community connections that grow health and wellbeing
We work to create connections that help people thrive. Research shows that personal health and wellbeing does better when people enjoy supportive networks. We support the people that use our services to follow their interests, get involved with activities in their community and pursue the life they want to lead.
Valuing people and working with strengths
We help people by looking at what they have, rather than what they lack. This approach helps people make use of their existing skills, knowledge and relationships.
Livability has a broad and inclusive Christian ethos. We support people of all faiths and none. We believe in the equality and unique value of every person, supporting them to discover and fulfil their potential.
A culture of continuous improvement
Livability strives to deliver services of the highest quality and constantly seek to improve through listening, reflection, learning and action.
Read more about Livability
Livability Wall Street is part of the Livability family of services. Livability is the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Through a wide range of disability care, education, training and community services, we promote personalised support, inclusion and wellbeing for all. Together, we work to see people take part, contribute and be valued. We put the elements in place that all add up to livable lives and communities.
Livability is a proven and trusted provider of disability care and community projects throughout the UK.
We exist to enable the elements of a livable life and community to add up to flourishing wellbeing and great connections for every disabled person we support.
We are inspired by the vision of a barrier-free society where all disabled people can enjoy equality and full participation
Our 2000-strong, enabling team of staff and volunteers across the UK deliver:
- Care homes and residential support centres.
- A school and a further education college for disabled children.
- A wellbeing discovery centre set in 200 acres of natural landscape.
- Independent and supported living programmes for disabled people.
- Rehabilitation centres for brain and spinal injury.
- Church training in community engagement and disability awareness.
- Spinal injury rehabilitation expertise in developing countries.
- ‘Dementia Inclusive Church’ resourcing and coaching.
- Wellbeing and happiness coaching through the Livability Happiness Course.
- Social inclusion work through churches and community projects.