Livability Brookside is a modern residential care home for disabled adults, set in a leafy area of Edgware, North London.
The service takes a person-centred, flexible approach to ensure residents have control and choice over their care. We know that everyone’s needs and aspirations are different – that all sorts of things add up to a flourishing life.
Residents are actively involved in their community, enjoying regular fitness classes, sports, healthy eating support and much more. Independent living is an area of speciality in addition to nursing care provided onsite.
Together and with the people that use our services, we create bespoke care plans that support needs. Residents are encouraged to participate in all decision-making relating to their own care and well-being.
Edgware Middlesex HA8 8YD
Livability Brookside House contains a series of individual, wheelchair-accessible apartments, each with its own front door, en-suite bathroom and kitchen area. The communal area includes a large dining-room, lounge and a computer area.
- Studio apartments with ensuite shower facilities, wifi and telephones if requested
- Outdoor and garden spaces with accessible walk ways
- Communal accessible kitchen
- Communal lounge with TV, video and music system
- Lift and automatic doors
- Self-decoration of rooms – residents can choose their preferred colour scheme
- Communal bathrooms with adjustable baths
- Laundry room
- Accessible features: Profiling beds, hoists and voice activated technology
The home is well situated, within easy reach of the shops, restaurants and parks. The area is served by a good train and tube service, with train lines leading in to London and surrounding area. There is also a wheelchair accessible minibus at the service.
With an active network of supporting services and community partners including the local rotary club and school, people that live at Livability Brookside House enjoy an active life.
- Our activity coordinator helps residents stay active and healthy.
- Sports and fitness activities including Boccia club
- Social clubs including restaurant trips
- Arts and crafts activities
- Faith partnership and local places of worship
- Local singing group
‘I think life is what you make of it. I enjoy living at Brookside because there’s a good community feeling here. We have attentive and caring staff and I get on well with my fellow residents. All in all, it’s a happy home.’ Resident
Our home is guided by Livability’s core values. We strive to be open, enabling, inclusive and courageous in all that we do.
Co-production is woven throughout our service provision. Co-produced care plans and service delivery are central to our approach.
Person centred, flexible approach
Together, with the people we support, Livability puts the person at the centre of their care planning. We help individuals work out what their care needs are, choose the support they want and have control over their life. We know that everyone’s needs and aspirations are different – that all sorts of things add up to living well.
Community connections that grow health and wellbeing
We work to create connections that help people thrive. Research shows that personal health and wellbeing does better when people enjoy supportive networks. We support the people that use our services to follow their interests, get involved with activities in their community and pursue the life they want to lead.
Valuing people and working with strengths
We help people by looking at what they have, rather than what they lack. This approach helps people make use of their existing skills, knowledge and relationships.
Livability has a broad and inclusive Christian ethos. We support people of all faiths and none. We believe in the equality and unique value of every person, supporting them to discover and fulfil their potential.
A culture of continuous improvement
Livability strives to deliver services of the highest quality and constantly seek to improve through listening, reflection, learning and action.
Read more about Livability
Livability Wall Street is part of the Livability family of services. Livability is the disability charity that connects people with their communities.
Through a wide range of disability care, education, training and community services, we promote personalised support, inclusion and wellbeing for all. Together, we work to see people take part, contribute and be valued. We put the elements in place that all add up to livable lives and communities.
Livability is a proven and trusted provider of disability care and community projects throughout the UK.
We exist to enable the elements of a livable life and community to add up to flourishing wellbeing and great connections for every disabled person we support.
We are inspired by the vision of a barrier-free society where all disabled people can enjoy equality and full participation
Our 2000-strong, enabling team of staff and volunteers across the UK deliver:
- Care homes and residential support centres.
- A school and a further education college for disabled children.
- A wellbeing discovery centre set in 200 acres of natural landscape.
- Independent and supported living programmes for disabled people.
- Rehabilitation centres for brain and spinal injury.
- Church training in community engagement and disability awareness.
- Spinal injury rehabilitation expertise in developing countries.
- ‘Dementia Inclusive Church’ resourcing and coaching.
- Wellbeing and happiness coaching through the Livability Happiness Course.
- Social inclusion work through churches and community projects.